Drop it like it's hot

As I posted on facebook, I was a little disappointed that I have not lost any weight in the last three weeks.  I did, however, do my measurements for the second time on Thursday.  The last measurements were taken two weeks ago Thursday.  Even though I have not lost anymore weight, I was down 4.5 inches.  I was very excited about this.  I needed to see some progress, and felt like that was quite an accomplishment.  It kinda made me wish I had taken my measurements back in October when this journey began.  I have done pretty well with the diet this week.  I did have 2 slices of pizza on Thursday, but limited my caloric intake to under 1500.  I picked Jacob up from a Birthday party at preschool, and the mother of the Birthday girl was not going to take no for an answer to her offering me pizza.  I knew I wouldn't have time to stop anywhere once I dropped him off at the babysitters, so I went ahead and had a free lunch.  I have not been able to work out since Wednesday at Zumba.  I am going to do a mile or two tomorrow.  Last week I was able to work out Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  That is a huge accomplishment for me.  I literally went from no physical activity at all a month ago.

I went to the movies with my mom and sister today.  I had a small popcorn that I split with my sister while I was there.  She was concerned that I was blowing my diet with the popcorn.  I did feel a little guilty, but I had only had Cheerios and fresh fruit in the morning.  I made sure I didn't order a soda to go with it.  Instead, I had a bottled water.  That was my splurge for the day.  I am not so sure I love popcorn the way I used to.  Don't get me wrong, it was good, but not the way I remembered.  I am excited to get back on target with things on Monday.  I enjoy Zumba, and feel that it is important to have some "me" time.   Wish me luck with shedding the rest of my 13 pounds to reach my initial goal.  Hopefully I will keep losing inches as well. 

I wanted to give a special shout out to one of my best friends, Angela!!  She just had her second baby in September, and is down all the baby weight, and still losing.  She is so much fun to Zumba with.  Talk about having someone hold you accountable! 

Hope you all have a restful Sunday.

Signing off for now,

~Jess

Comments

  1. To funny I just put on a pair of jeans that I couldn't fit into before and they fit :) It made me feel better at the fact I must be losing inches even though my weight is not going down as fast. At least I am losing something though. Congrats on the inches loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hearing about other peoples' progress. It is what helps keep me motivated. I enjoy reading your blog. I find that so many times you post something that is exactly what I was thinking. I just bought a size 14 the other day. I have not worn that size since I was 19. I weigh more now than I did then, but I guess it is distributed differently now. I think people are sometimes surprised to learn my size or weight. I was really apprehensive about putting it out there at first, but figured if I was going to do this thing, I needed to be completely honest with myself and everyone else.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Skinny to fat to me...

No room for excuses!