"PURPOSE"

FAMILY (my purpose)

The definition of purpose as according to Wikipedia is a result, end, mean, aim, or goal of an action intentionally undertaken, or of an object being brought into use or existence...

We had an amazing day today.  This morning, we watched our best friend's newest addition get baptized.  There is nothing sweeter than watching two loving parents with the company of friends and family dedicating their child to God.  After the baptism, their pastor gave a lesson to the children in the audience.  He started out the sermon with the word "purpose".  He asked all of the children if they knew what that word meant.  He held up a flashlight and explained the purpose of a flashlight was to bring light to dark areas.  The next part cracked me up, because only my son would raise his hand to say, "Um, I have a flashlight, but the batteries went dead."  Needless to say, the congregation let out an audible chuckle.  It was pretty darn cute.  The pastor went on to explain our purpose as Christians is to share the light of the Word with the rest of the world.

I went home later in the day.  We did our normal Sunday routine of taking a nap, and then getting ready for our church small group at our house.  Throughout the day, I thought of the word purpose several times.  The word even came up in discussion during small group.  Our leader handed us a schedule for the week and asked us to document our daily routines.  The purpose of this exercise is to show us where our priorities lie so that we know what necessary changes to make in our walks of faith.  I was excited about this, because I believe in having goals, and once they are on paper, it is harder to ignore them.


Sitting here thinking tonight, I realize what much of my purpose is:

1. To strengthen my relationship with God and Jesus
2. To be the best wife and mother I know how to be.
3. To continue my journey on the road to a healthy lifestyle, including educating others on what PCOS is and stands for.
4. To simplify certain aspects of life, and focus on what is most important.

Lastly, not to let my batteries die!  I want my light to shine for others to see. 

Signing off for now,
~Jess

Comments

  1. CRAZY, our pastor preached on being Salt "Light" in this dark world! Matthew 5:13-16:

    You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has lost its taste,... You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid... Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. how shall its saltiness be restored?

    Sermon on the Mount!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No room for excuses!

Skinny to fat to me...