Back in the saddle again

It's been a few days since I posted.  Life has been very busy, but good.  I got to spend a lot of time with the family this weekend.  I also got to catch up with a friend I had not seen in a while.  Spending a day with my in-laws always has a way of reminding me how quickly time flies.  Every time we see them, they comment on how fast Jacob is growing.  He will be four next month.  I cannot believe how grown up he is getting.  Not a day goes by that I let pass without telling him what a treasure he is.  I know what a blessing he is.  It was so hard to get him here, but completely worth the wait.  Anytime I feel sad about not getting a positive pregnancy test result, I just take a look at my little boy.  He will always be my baby.

He reminds me of why I am on this journey towards a healthy life.  I have so much to live for.  There are definitely challenges that present themselves.  I was told that once someone loses a significant amount of weight, they naturally ease up on the amount of effort put into keeping the weight off.  I hope that is not the case with me.  I did cheat yesterday.  I had two slices of pizza, which is definitely not gluten free.  I also had a beer.  I beat myself up all day today over the choices I made yesterday.  I decided to count the calories I ingested yesterday to see how badly I actually messed up.  I only consumed 1234 total.  I was shocked.  I thought that I had definitely consumed more than that.  I only saw the bad and ignored all the good choices I made throughout the rest of the day.  I learned a lesson from this; it is ok to have what Sid the Science Kid would call a "sometimes food".  It is just that--sometimes.  As long as I do not make a habit of making bad choices, it is ok to make exceptions from time to time.  I am only human. 

I do not know if I have lost any weight this week or not.  The last I checked, I had only lost 1 pound in the last two weeks.  I looked at this as a disappointment for a few days, but realized that my body is getting used to the healthy habits I have introduced to it.  I just have to keep up with the exercise now.  I hope to continue the 1 hour of Zumba twice a week.  I have not been since Wednesday, but did walk a mile in 15 minutes tonight.  Jacob did the video with me.  It was so cute.

I guess my lesson for today, or even this whole week is to take each day for what it teaches me on this journey.  I will hit speed bumps along the way.  It is my responsibility to remain on the path.

Signing off for now,

~Jess

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skinny to fat to me...

No room for excuses!