I'm my own worst enemy

Last week marked the week I decided to get my life back...again.  I went to the grocery store Monday morning and bought some oatmeal, tuna, yogurt, and vegetables.  I started off strong.  Then came the 4th of July.  I had a couple of beers and grazed all day.  Thursday I had Chinese for lunch.  Did I let myself down?  How do I get back on track?  Should I just give up?  You know the thoughts that creep in.  I logged onto the Lose It app 3 times last week.  It's kinda hard to log when you're on the run and can't find an exact match to your meal.  Sunday came.  I thought about all the bad choices I made the prior week.  I felt defeated.

I reminded myself why I started this journey and that I made a commitment to do better.  I reminded myself it is a journey, not a race.  In that, I reflected on what I had changed in that week.  I made a mental list:

1. I did not stop at McDonalds every morning for a sausage, egg and cheese Mcmuffin meal with a Coke.  Infact, I stopped once and had a side of sausage and eggs...baby steps.

2. I had 2 sodas in an entire week instead of 2-3 per day.

3. When I did graze all day on the 4th, most of it was on vegetables.

4. When I chose to eat out, I stuck to chicken and brocolli, shrimp stir fry and white rice instead of fried. 

5.  When we stopped at the gas station before church, I didn't grab a donut, I grabbed a protein pack with fruit and cheese.

I set a goal to lose 2 pounds per week in a healthy way.  I got on the scale on Monday.  I was down 2 pounds.  I did it!  I was strong and made changes.  I am human.  Food is good.  I just need to find the balance between a healthy relationship with food and an unhealthy one.  My goal for week 2 is to remember I am strong, capable, and ready to make a change no matter how hard it may be.  I will not let my negative thoughts stand in the way.

Stay hungry for a better you!  😉



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No room for excuses!

Skinny to fat to me...