Skinny to fat to me...

It is funny to me how the society views "skinny" or "thin". Everyone wants to look perfect in a bathing suit, but are never satisfied when they put it on. I went to Florida with one of my best friends when we were 19. I weighed 160 pounds. I thought I was huge! I got plenty of stares, but I managed to convince myself that they were looking at my fat butt and pale skin instead of the fact that they may have been admiring the scenery.

I got married a month before my 23rd birthday. I weighed 172 pounds. I was so bummed that I couldn't lose he weight before the big day. I did love my dress though!

When I got pregnant with Jacob, I weighed 180 pounds. I had reached an all time high at that point. I thought I was lucky to have lost 12 lbs in the beginning of my pregnancy. How stupid is that? I was losing weight because I was sick and on bedrest, but felt good about the drop in pounds.

Why is it that we are never happy with who we are? Why is I that at any given point in time we can tell you how much we weighed and what size we wore based on th songs playing on the radio?

This time around, I am losing weight to be healthy. My goal is to be able to appreciate myself and my body for what they are instead of who society thinks it should be.

Comments

  1. It is very sad that females never seem to be happy with their body. However, sometimes I think they just say it to get attention and that annoys me cause they ain't even close to fat. UGH!

    I know I've said I am fat, but it is because I am lol... I though I want to lose weight and am trying too... I do not want to be a size 4 or anything unrealistic cause I would never be that size with my bone structure. I just want to be healthier and feel good again.

    It's good we are both doing it to be healthy and fight this PCOS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading about your journey. I have every confidence that we will kick PCOS in the rear!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No room for excuses!