LONG TIME NO BLOG!!

WOW!!  It has been a while since I have done this!  Excuse me if I am a little rusty at putting my thoughts down on paper (or puter).  Things have been crazy the past couple of weeks (about 4 to be exact).  I left off on the last blog touching on the tick bite and Charles' layoff.  Since then, the tick bite has gotten much better!  The infection is gone, but the wound is still very itchy.  Charles is still laid off, but we have been fortunate with blessings.  Jacob has gone into this allergy season with a LOT of issues.  He is very allergic to almost everything.  His eyes were the first sign.  He had such bad allergies that they almost swelled shut.  Then came the infection.  He was put on Singulair, Clariton, nose spray and eye drops.  After the eyes started to get better, the breathing got worse.  He ended up in the ER, and had to do three rounds of steroid treatments.  He then was put on more medication.  Things got a little better, then on Mother's Day during a day trip, he came down with a fever.  He was diagnosed with bronchitis on Monday.  He is on yet another medication.  The good news is that he gets in with an allergist on June 1st. 

A long first paragraph brings me to the point of the whole blog.  I have definitely neglected the exercise portion of my lifestyle.  I did manage to surpass my goal weight of 170 last month.  I was very excited about this.  Despite the fact that I had not been exercising, I was still eating right.  I had a very good excuse for not exercising for a couple of weeks, but the next couple of weeks after that was just lack of motivation.  I really didn't want to go Zumba tonight.  My back was hurting, and I would rather have stayed home to coupon instead.  Couponing has been another lifestyle change I am trying to embrace.  With the economy the way it is, Charles being out of work, and the price of gas, I felt this was a must. Back to the point... I did go to Zumba tonight.  I was surprised at how out of shape your body can get in one month.  I hung in there though.  I also felt better after I worked out.  I realized that my back was no longer hurting.  I needed to stretch the muscles that had not been used for so long. 

This whole journey has definitely had its trying moments.  I have an easier time with the diet than the exercise.  I do, however, have a great support system that keeps me going.  I have so much to be thankful for.

Good luck to each of you reading on your own personal journeys.  We all hit bumps in the road, but can get back on track!

Signing off for now,

~Jess

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No room for excuses!

Super Supplement