Stick em'

I went to the doctor's office first thing this morning to have my follow-up blood work done. This is the follow up that was scheduled 4 months ago at the beginning of my journey. This was a very nerve racking morning for me. I tried to put on a brave face, but the unknown is getting to me. I hate surprises! Several things raced through my mind as I waited to get stuck. I reflected on the last 4.5 months. I am very proud of the lifestyle changes I have made. I have lost 30 pounds, eat healthy, and even exercise regularly now. One would think my numbers would have no choice but to improve. Then there is the memory of the doctor saying that my cholesterol could still be high even with diet and regular exercise. I knew this going into my journey, but have the hope that I will not have to be medicated. The side effects of cholesterol meds really concern me.

The results should be in within the next two days. I am really anxious to see how things pan out. I feel like I am back in school preparing for the exam of my life. I am so happy with the progress I have made. I was actually able to run a couple of laps around the house with Jacob tonight. That was after we raced back and forth to the mailbox twice. As embarrassed as I am to say this, I used to try and race him to the neighbor's house and had to stop half way there because I was so out of breath. I guess what I am taking out of this is the fact that even if my numbers are not where I would like them to be, I am leading Jacob by example. He will know what it means to eat healthy and be active.


Until next time,

~Jess

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Super Supplement

It fits!