Snow won't get me down!

I could have used the fact that I didn't have to work yesterday, and only had a half day on Tuesday as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted and not exercise.  It would have been really easy considering Zumba was canceled.  I am proud to say that I didn't do that.  I walked 2 miles Monday, 2 miles Tuesday, played on my Auntie's Wii Fit Wednesday (after bowling), and did some Zumba tonight.  Hopefully all of this hard work is paying off.  I was excited to find out this morning that I am down another half a pound.  I believe that makes a pound and a half in the last three weeks.  That is ok.  I realize I have hit somewhat of a plateau.  In the past, this would have been about the time that I would say, "Well, obviously it is not worth it.  I give up!"  I keep reminding myself of why I started this journey.  It isn't just to better my health.  It is to be a better wife and mother to the family I have been blessed with. 

I remind myself that I have been doing this for 4 months now.  That is the longest I have ever stuck with any type of weight loss mission.  Those months have flown by.  I don't look at this as a curse or diet any longer.  I truly do look at is as a lifestyle change.  I feel that the benefits far outweigh the cravings.  Don't get me wrong...I still crave nachos every now and then.  I just know to eat them in moderation and get my butt back to working out to burn the extra calories.

Another thing I have come to grips with is the fact that I am a woman now.  I have had a child.  I have stretch marks.  I will never again have the body I had when I was a teenager.  I can learn to appreciate the body I have now though.  I can work with what I have got.  I am curvy, and there is nothing wrong with that!  I think most men would agree. I can tone and build muscle.  Stretch marks fade.  The stretch marks used to bother me more than anything.  I don't mind them so much now.  I am not saying that I like the way they look, but I have learned to accept who I am.  Those stretch marks are a constant reminder of the little boy who has brought immense joy to my life.  They remind me of where I have been, and where I am going. 

I wound up taking this post somewhere different than I had originally planned, but just wrote what was on my heart.  I did want to say a special thank you to everyone who has encouraged me through emails or comments.  It is so much nicer to do something like this when you know you are not alone.  I also want to thank all my Zumba team-mates.  There are some very strong women who work out beside me on a weekly basis.  I am learning so much about what makes a real woman.  I hope everyone has a great weekend ahead.

Signing off for now,

~Jess

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skinny to fat to me...

No room for excuses!