OUCH!!

Ok....step 1. NEVER DO ZUMBA IN SHAPE UPS!!!<-----Unless you are very coordinated.  I did this last Thursday, and paid dearly for it.  I was sore until Monday.  I had the day off and did a ton of laundry.  I decided that every time I would go upstairs to get a new load, I would do lunges.  I then followed up with Zumba in the evening.  There was one new routine, but it substituted another song, so I thought I would be just fine.

I woke up Tuesday morning feeling awful.  I had really hurt my back with the shoes, and didn't rest like I should have over the weekend.  I went to see the chiropractor yesterday.  I felt so good this morning when I woke up that I wore my heeled boots to work today.  I know...what was I thinking?  I followed that up with Zumba again this evening. 

I am not sure if I am putting more effort into it, or not drinking enough water, or pushing myself too hard at home, or what, BUT I am sore tonight.  My calves are on fire!  I know that was one very long run-on sentence.  Forgive me.  Also forgive my grammar in my last post.  I wrote it from my Iphone and it didn't pick up all the errors.

I can't say that I am sorry that I am feeling the burn.  I know this means that I am really working out and burning calories.  I did, however, learn a few lessons.  Shape-ups are only made for walking in my opinion.  I will not do lunges before Zumba.  I am really out of shape....still!

Signing off for now,

~Jess

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No room for excuses!

Super Supplement