To cheat or not to cheat...

So... yesterday was my day off.  Charles and I went to get our oil changed on both vehicles in the morning.  We stopped at Waffle House for breakfast.  I ordered 2 egg whites, a tomato (sliced), and 2 slices of bacon.  For lunch, I had a plain can of tuna.  I ate light because I knew we were having our annual work party in the evening.  Of course pizza was the dinner we were provided.  I was very proud of 2 of the girls that I work with.  They ordered salad and grilled chicken with veggies.  I have only eaten pizza one other time since I started my transformation in October.  I decided to make an exception.  I have to say that I did enjoy it, but the cupcake I had later pushed things over the top.  I had an upset stomach for much of the evening.  I was happy to find out I did lose another 2.5 pounds making my total weight loss 22.5 pounds.  I do believe that a healthy lifestyle is the only lifestyle that I should be living.  However, I do think the occasional "cheat" is necessary to maintain one's sanity.  I just have to remind myself to get back on the horse the following day, no matter how uncomfortable the saddle may feel.

On another note, I did have a sense of accomplishment yesterday.  I visited a website for PCOS which lists what type of supplements are best to take.  I then visited swansonvitamins.com to stock up on natural vitamins.  By no means do I think people should only take what they find on the Internet, but I have done extensive research and also discussed these vitamins with my doc.  I am very excited to see what differences they will make.  The site I found my info on is:

http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/supplements.html

I am currently taking d-chiro-inositol which I do believe has made some significant changes.  Along with diet, I feel that my insulin levels have regulated, I sleep better, and seem to have more energy and less cravings.  I am no longer shaky after 2 hours without food.  The doctor recommended I take a multi-vitamin as well as vitamin D (women with PCOS suffer from D deficiencies and bone loss).  I had bought some vitamins at Wal-Mart, but was concerned by the fact that most of the vitamin is made of binders so that much of it does not get digested.

Tomorrow brings another day and another chance to reach out to someone.  I challenge everyone reading to make a difference in someone's day.  Lend a helping hand or simply smile.  Your sincerity could be the only thing that brightens their day. 

Signing off for now

~Jess

Comments

  1. Hi Jess,

    My name is Ben and I work for Swanson Vitamins. I wanted to thank-you for mentioning our company in your blog post. If you would contact me at blogs(at)swansonhealth.com it would be very appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No room for excuses!

Skinny to fat to me...