It fits!


I have a waist
Although I don't think this is the most flattering picture I have ever taken, I felt it necessary to share it, because there is a story behind it.  I got this shirt for Christmas from my dad and bonus mom 2 years ago.  I loved it when I pulled it out of the box, but knew right away it would not fit.  It was very tight looking.  Although it stated that it was an XL, which is the size I have worn in shirts since I was 19, it looked more like a medium.  I thought about giving it to one of my sisters or friends, but it was a gift, so I held onto it.  It stayed in my closet with the tags on until October 2010 when I got sick of looking at things I couldn't wear.  I took everything that didn't fit to friends or donation bins.  This shirt went to my boss.  She brought it in on Monday, along with another shirt I gave her.  She told me it would fit now, and that she wanted me to have it back.  I disagreed.  I knew it would not fit.  I tried it on so she would stop bugging me.  To my surprise, it did fit.  It fit really well.  It even showed that I have somewhat of a waist now.  It hugged all the right areas instead of all the wrong.  The pants are pants that my Grandma Bette bought me right after I had Jacob.  I was actually at a smaller weight then than I am now by about 5 pounds.  I hadn't been able to wear these pants comfortably for over 2 years.  Now, they are falling off of me.  The shirt actually seemed to hold them up.  You can see how bunched they are if you look closely.  I almost think the pants make me look bigger than I actually am because they give me the "poopy pants" appearance.  Guess it is time to hit up the resale shops for some clothes that may fit.  I am not going to spend a fortune at this point in time, because I still plan on losing another 13 pounds to hit my first goal.  From there, I will talk to the doc to see what else he suggests.  I hope the inches start melting away with Zumba!! 

Signing off for now,

~Jess
                                                          

Comments

  1. A-MAZING! SO SO SO Proud of you Jessi!! Keep it up for sure! 13 more lbs is a cake walk for you now... but without the cake. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No room for excuses!

Skinny to fat to me...